/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/bonnie-low-logo.png 0 0 Bonnie Low-Kramen /wp-content/uploads/2020/08/bonnie-low-logo.png Bonnie Low-Kramen2021-09-03 07:00:312022-01-12 13:30:54Top 10 Best Financial Resources for Women
Top 10 Best Financial Resources for Women
By Bonnie Low-Kramen
The pandemic has hit everyone hard and when it comes to finances, and it has hit women especially hard as many had to leave the workforce either temporarily or permanently. Plus, life isn’t cheap, with planned and unplanned expenses, some days it may feel like your household finances are going downhill fast. You may not know where to turn for trustworthy advice. For all these reasons, here are a few ideas that will hopefully make money matters a little easier on the road to financial independence.
The good news is there are plenty of options to help you improve your financial wellness. Whether you are aiming for success in your personal or professional life, check out these top ten financial resources for women, plus a bonus resource to help you create smart and effective strategies for your life right now.
Pursuing Your Higher Education
- Going back to school can be a great, yet expensive, option to get where you want to be. Luckily, there are useful ways to cut costs to return to the classroom. One way is to research what scholarships or grants you are eligible for. A number of foundations are dedicated to providing scholarships for women at all stages in life who need assistance. Some scholarships are targeted specifically to divorced, married, pregnant, single, or low-income individuals.
- Side gigs are also smart ways to earn money in your spare time and help pay for your education. Even from the comfort of your own home, there are options to earn free money with side hustles by doing simple online actions that can take just minutes. By shopping online or filling out virtual surveys, you can be the CEO of You, Inc. and take charge of your own destiny.
- You can even turn old notebooks into dollar signs by selling past or current class materials to earn extra money. online note selling sites allow you to cash in on thorough outlines, documents, and notes that you already spent your precious time writing. You can sell your old textbooks too!
Pursuing Home Ownership
- The housing market – buying and renting – is insane these days. Buying a home can quickly become overwhelming without in-depth knowledge of the financial pros and cons. By accessing an online mortgage pre-approval tool, you can better plan and budget for what you need and want from your new space. The best part about most money-saving home tools is that everything can be done from the convenience of your mobile phone, device, or laptop. Be sure to know your credit score which impacts the interest rate you will be offered.
- Another option may be to earn money with your home by renting out extra space that you are not utilizing every month. You can easily turn a spare bedroom or attic into income that tenants will pay you to live in, or to even just to store their personal belongings. (HGTV is filled with great do-it-yourself ideas.) After preparing the space, listing the room for rent and finding a roommate, your work is done. Being a landlord and a “property manager” is not for everyone, but some people love it and make a great deal of money.
Pursuing Your Own Business
- Becoming an entrepreneur is no easy task. But, you are not alone in your process of becoming the businesswoman you always dreamed of. Again, women-oriented grants are a great way to help your business get off of the ground and stay afloat. For example, governments (state or local), as well as organizations and sponsors are working to help women of all races, ages, and sexual orientations succeed.
- In addition, there are also nonprofit or for-profit organizations that provide free tools and resources to women who previously may not have been able to afford these tools. These materials help break down monetary barriers that may keep women out of the business environment. Some helpful business assets these organizations provide include mentors, templates for documents and contracts, free professional advice, and online training courses.
Pursuing Your Dream Career
- Have always wanted an MBA? Regarding financial resources for women seeking a professional career and a degree to go along with it, a number of companies offer resources to save you money as you pursue your goals. For example, a large list of well-known companies offer tuition reimbursement programs where they pay a percentage of your schooling costs as you take classes towards a degree. This is another great way to pursue your higher education, should you wish to do so.
- Another career-related way your employer can help you reach your financial goals is through their retirement matching program. Although the majority of people may overlook this, it is a great way to earn money that will acquire interest. This is especially important as women, in particular, face gender-based challenges regarding retirement. Whether it be the pay gap, periods of missed employment or part-time employment due to maternity leave, matching programs can certainly be helpful for your bottom line.
- Are you a mom who needs a job? Online or in-person communities dedicated to empowering and educating women in the workplace are also great resources to help women explore financial resources in their professional lives. Companies such as The Mom Project are even dedicated to making offices better for working mothers by connecting them with a range of employees and companies throughout the country. If you need help negotiating your new salary, read this article I wrote first.
- Bonus Resource! Have you been curious about investing in stocks and bonds and even cryptocurrency? Contact Financial Advisor Emily Promise of Blakely Financial to talk through your particular situation. Tell her you are referred by Bonnie Low-Kramen.
Today is a great new day to take a hard look at your finances and to seek the support you need to secure your future and the future of your family. Here’s to your financial health!
I am Bonnie Low-Kramen, TEDx speaker, author of “Be the Ultimate Assistant” and trainer of Executive Assistants all over the world. In May, 2019, I was featured in a Forbes online cover story. As part of the research for my second book about the workplace to be published in 2022, I have had over 1,000 conversations with assistants, leaders, HR professionals, recruiters, and business school professors. I have worked in 14 countries and 38 states and would love to work with you towards building your ultimate workplace. Click here to set up a time to speak with me about your training needs which can be delivered virtually or in person.